Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

Hectic Hectic month...but one to remember for:-

1. Our very first Christmas tree We finally got one at The Verge , (formerly known as Tekka Mall). And the kids had a whale of a time decorating it.





2. The two girls grasping the meaning of Christmas a bit better ..... at least now they understand it is Jesus's Birthday and the day Jesus was born. They sort of understand that it's a time for sharing and giving... though they have yet to fully practise it. It's still way tough explaining the part about Jesus dying on the cross for us. For now, it's still, " Why does Jesus's hands have blood?" Our answer: " The naughty uncles poked him." Next year... next year...

3. Me having the worst flu ever 3 weeks of fever, cough, cold , 2 rounds of antibiotics, and still recovering! I know I know it seems like I am always sick isn't it. Doctors diagnosed it as Mycoplasma, a particularly resistant type of bacteria. Oh well, I'll remember it as the "100 day cough" Sure feels like it.

4. My first "designer" bag from Mark, my darling husband. He always amazes me with how he manages to still find the time to get me something even though he's so busy helping me with the family and dealing with his work and studies... Anyway, I got a Kate Spade! Shereen, I know you'll be saying, " About time right." Ha, I'm slow on this. Anyway, this is my work bag for filling up with my inventory files and stuff, when meeting suppliers or doing other business stuff.



5. The loads of presents the gals received Thank you all Aunties and Uncles! Despite all the great educational toys received, you know girls are girls when they zoomed in on the princess crown and jewellery set.




6. Having my family around me this Christmas. Never take this for granted.




7. Having thought of the best Christmas gift for my dad-in-law. In order to finally get him off his butt and in shape, Mark and I got him a personal trainer gift voucher for 5 sessions! Never forget his face when he received it. Dunno know whether to laugh or cry.

Have a blessed Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

Ondine said...

My! What a nice green box you have! Mine have never come in boxes though. Tell Mark he score points. :)